CHEAP TO CHIC: PASTORAL MURALS!


18th century Zuber wallpaper depicting a pastoral scene
1st Dibs - Zuber Wallpaper Panels - $9500 (18th century Zuber wallpaper on wood panels)(above)

I don't know why I like grisaille wall murals with bucolic country scenes but I do.

I would love to have a dining room or bedroom with one of these idyllic countryside landscapes rambling across the walls. I like the idea of art covering an entire wall!

Smash cut to reality - I live in a tiny cottage in the Hollwyood Hills...so small that there is probably only enough room to squeeze 1/2 of a tree from one of these wallpaper scenes.

I can still dream. :-) So today I bring you pastoral wall murals in the form of wallpaper and panels ... that's today's CHEAP TO CHIC!

dining room with black and white pastoral wallpaper, a crystal chandelier, round dark wood table with matching chairs and a dark wood floor

bedroom with pastoral wallpaper on the two visible walls, a white bed, a large wooden writing desk and red floor length curtain

Etched Arcadia Mural
Anthropologie - Etched Arcadia Mural - $298 (above)

corner of an empty room with pastoral wallpaper, white walls with gray trim and wood floor

Tara Shaw Maison Italian Grisaille
Layla Grayce - Tara Shaw Maison Italian Grisaille - $2,470 (above)

living room with colored pastoral wallpaper, dark wood floor, an area rug with a white sofa, small coffee table and two arm chairs and a fireplace

I like. What do you think? Too busy? Or are these wall murals just the right touch?

Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Still without a computer...my sis DS is putting pressure on for me to return her Macbook Air. Dell people say they are coming by to fix my laptop next week. How long do you think I can keep my sis at bay?

P.P.S. Will do my market review next week when my computer is up and running. :-)


Photos: House Beautiful; Michael Smith; David Prince Photography; Mad Cap Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment