COCOCOZY AT THE NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL GIFT FAIR 2013!

NYIGF COCOCOZY Booth
The COCOCOZY booth at the New York International Gift Fair. (above)
So, am here in New York at the New York International Gift Fair! We made it! Wooohooo!!!!

CM who runs all things operations is here with me (he is doing an amazing job...so impressed with his skills on the floor with clients). Also MK, a lovely interior designer here in NYC, is helping out too.

It has been a whirlwind as usual.  I arrived on Thursday night.  I went directly to best of friend AM's fabulous Soho apartment that she shares with her nice hubby JE and her two darling kids.  I haven't seen AM since the summer so I was so thrilled to be there with her.  She's like family.

The next morning we hit the ground running. We arrived at the Javits Center on Friday.  Set up the booth in one day (a record for us thanks to CM and MK).  Oh did I mention...as I was looking at the COCOCOZY bedding in the Downtown Company booth...someone spilled coffee all over several of our sample bedding shams...it was late evening on set up day and I was there by myself, so I rescued the coffee stained sham, spent a good half hour rinsing and washing right here at the fair!

Then TE arrived in town from Los Angeles on Friday night and I met him at the Bowery Hotel (love it there).  We then went to dinner in Chinatown with AM and JE at an interesting restaurant named Pulqueria (upstairs a Chinese restaurant but then downstairs is a rocking Mexican eatery complete with a DJ and great margaritas).

Saturday I dragged TE to the flower district to pick up Dianthus Green Trick, Boxwood topiaries, and white orchids (I'll show you shots of our booth greenery later), we put the finishing touches on the booth, went to lunch at Lucky Strike in Soho with AM, JE and kiddies, did a bit of shopping (walking around in the freezing cold in Soho was fun only when we went inside the stores...I'm not accustomed to super cold weather so TE heard my best wimpering and whining on that day).  Saturday ended with a big dinner at Gemma with the Capel Rugs folks John Magee and Tami Watras and designer Kevin O'Brien, TE, AM, JE and me.  A fun dinner.

Then yesterday the show began!  More updates to come.

rugs, chair and throws at the NYIGF 2013 COCOCOZY Booth
COCOCOZY Oxford Rug in Navy! (above)

rugs, chair and throws at the NYIGF 2013 COCOCOZY Booth (2)
COCOCOZY Fence Rug in Charcoal on the wall in the booth. (above)

bedding at the NYIGF 2013 Downtown Company Booth
I got to see my COCOCOZY Bedding in the Downtown Company booth at the Javits Center #7826 for the first time on Saturday - it was such a thrill! (above and below)

close up of bedding at the NYIGF 2013 Downtown Company Booth

If you are going to the NYIGF, please stop by and see us on the lower floor of the Javits Center, booth #7919.  I'd love to say "hi"!

Happy happy Monday!

xo
Coco

0 comments:

Post a Comment