INTRODUCING COCOCOZY for CAPEL RUGS - SAMPLE PREVIEW!

COCOCOZY wool rug
COCOCOZY for Capel Rugs - Oxford Rug in Navy (Tibetan hand knotted wool rug) (above)

So...over the last 6 months, I've been alluding to and mentioning partnerships that I've been working on for COCOCOZY.

Today I am thrilled to announce a collaboration and a new COCOCOZY collection that we are bringing to market.

COCOCOZY for Capel Rugs! COCOCOZY rugs are going to market in 2013!  I'm still pinching myself.

These are pictures of the samples of COCOCOZY hand knotted wool Tibetan rugs that will be in stores this year!  We just got these 5'x8' samples in a few weeks ago and now I will be showing them at the New York International Gift Fair in less than two weeks! The rugs will come in other sizes and colors too.

Established in North Carolina in 1917, Capel Rugs is the oldest privately owned rug manufacturer and importer in the United States. Capel is known for their traditional classic braided rugs that are made at their mill in North Carolina.

Most recenlty, Capel has  some fantastic rug collaborations including their latest with television personality and designer Genevieve Gorder. They also do a fabulous line with textile designer Kevin O'Brien.

Here's the short version of the story on how this all started...

Over a year ago, a very smart and sharp Tami Watras, the Vice President and Creative Director of Capel Rugs approached me and COCOCOZY to talk about rugs. Tami sent me a nice email saying she would like to meet.

A few weeks later in July 2011, Tami came by the Atlanta market with Capel Rugs president John Magee and Vice President John Harrison to view my pillow collection. I remember meeting them and thinking, "Wow they look so official, they seem really nice and this is serious stuff!". I was right on all fronts.

It was after that meeting, the rug games began.

As my fab agent SM (I think I mentioned I have Hollywood type agent...or did I?) was negotiaing  the deal, my dear and sweet angel best of friend AM met me for a day trip to North Carolina where we rented a big SUV and drove to the Capel headquarters in Troy.  We were going to Capel to see if this was a deal I wanted to do for COCOCOZY.

While in Troy, we also got to meet the fantastic Cameron Capel, Vice President at Capel and whose grandfather founded the company.  During that sit down with the Capel team, there was instant chemistry...we had a shared vision as to what the rug collection could look like and more importantly we all had such a great time getting to know each other.   On the drive back to the airport, AM who had her nose stuck in the Capel catalog (shopping of course), simply said "You should do this deal.  They are great.  Do it."  That is where it all began.

So a year and half later, after several meetings, swatches, samples and designs going back and forth, here are a few of the designs and colorways in the first COCOCOZY rug collection!

Take a look...please let me know which you like best.

COCOCOZY for Capel Rugs logo

Grey rug
COCOCOZY Fence rug in Charcoal Gray. (above)

gray rug
COCOCOZY Coco's Flower rug in Gray. (above)

light blue rug
Loop rug in Light Blue. (above)

So...now I have to decide which of these rugs I'll show in the COCOCOZY booth in NYC in two weeks. Again...I need your help. So many decisions. So little time until New York market!

Would love to hear your thoughts on these rugs. Please. Be honest...what do you like, what don't you like and which do you think I should show?

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  For pricing, to order, or for more information on our new rug collection, please email us at sales@cococozy.com!

P.P.S. Yesterday was my birthday. TE was very nice to whisk me away to San Francisco for a birthday fun weekend there. Will tell you a little more about that tomorrow and share some funny pictures from our day on Saturday at the San Francisco 49ers game. Yes...don't gasp...I did go to a 49ers game. I know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment