GWYNETH PALTROW'S GUEST APARTMENT - BEFORE & AFTER


Window seat at Gwyneth Paltrow's guest apartment in Los Angeles
Cute window seat at Gwyneth Paltrow's new guest apartment at her Los Angeles mansion (above)

Last week, best of friend AT who lives in London sent me a link to actress Gwyneth Paltrow's style site Goop.  On Goop, there was a makeover of a guest apartment.  AT was sending me the link suggesting that I should do more makeovers on my blog.

Well, the minute I clicked on the link...I recognized the room...I had been in the room 2.5 years ago...one night at a glittery party...the opening night of a showcase home presented by Veranda magazine.

The room is in a gorgeous multimillion dollar home right in Brentwood.  I had attended a party there with my friend JD which resulted in a several blog posts with pictures I took.  See here for my House of Windsor photos and stories.

Anyhoo, about a year after I was at the party, actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her uber rock star husband Chris Martin bought it.

So the room was originally designed by Martyn Lawrence Bullard...it was a mod bachelor apartment above the garage...with black leather furniture, a bold fabric covering the walls...very retro.

Here is how Gwyneth and team made over the room into a cute guest apartment...in today's BEFORE & AFTER!

Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards
Coldplay rock star Chris Martin & his wife Gwyneth Paltrow at last night's Golden Globe Awards (above)

Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin's estate in Los Angeles, CA
Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin's $10 million dollar estate off of Mandeville Canyon in Los Angeles. (above)


BEFORE (below)

Retro guest apartment with black and green furniture, grey and white graphic print wall covering and lots of art
BEFORE - For the show house, the apartment was decorated with a very retro vibe with black and green furniture choices that made the room heavy...walls also featured lots of art layered on top of the bold wallcovering...making the space a bit busy. (above)

DURING (below)

Guest apartment during its makeover
DURING - While trying to plan out a new space, all vestiges of the show house decor except for the bold wallpaper were removed.
AFTER (below)

Gwyneth Paltrow's bright guest apartment after makeover with a white bed, sitting area, desk and kitchenette
AFTER - The once dark feeling space is transformed into a lovely bright guest apartment with a white bed, sitting area, desk and kitchenette. (above)
What do you think of this room makeover?  Do you have any photos of rooms you have transformed in your house...if so, please email pictures to me and maybe I'll show off your before and after.  My email is cococozy@cococozy.com!

A big huge thank you to AT for sharing the Goop story with me!  AT has fabulous ideas...always!

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Nice weekend...TE took me out to dinner at Mr. Chow's on Saturday night.  We had a great time.  Sis DS was supposed to come but she had a cold.  Hope you feel better sis DS!

P.P.S.  TE had to work on Sunday...so as a good girlfriend...I watched his 49ers win against North Carolina. I spent the entire game texting him.  Oh I did leave to go get a tea at Starbucks and missed some of the key plays.  TE was texting but I was talking to a neighbor after getting my tea so I missed a chunk.  When I got back home, he started asking me via text which play I thought was better etc...I faked it for awhile but then had to fess up that as a good girlfriend, I had to have tea and chat with my neighbor during an important football play off game!  Do not feel sorry for TE...he watched most of the game himself... he had his team set up a huge t.v. with the game on it at the place where he was working...so he didn't miss much either!

P.P.P.S.  Best of friend AM and I are trying to figure out ways to drop holiday pounds with the least amount of pain and effort...we talked several times this weekend scheming...she at least is doing Soul Cycle 4 times a week...hmmmm....need to get on this!


Photos: Goop; Veranda

0 comments:

Post a Comment