DESIGN IDEA: A KITCHEN LOUNGE!

Kitchen lounge with gray sofa and black wood accent tables surrounded by glass walls

Of course you've heard of a breakfast nook...but what have you ever considered a kitchen lounge area?  What about a little area right off the kitchen with comfy sofas where you can enjoy morning coffee and the news of the day, a little afternoon tea with a friend, a light lunch on the run or most importantly a casual glass of champagne with a dinner guest?

See this lounge area off of a galley kitchen in Norway. Two modern sofas and small coffee table.

view of kitchen lounge from kitchen

What do you think?  Good design idea or bad design idea?

Happy Tuesday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Interior designer and friend Kristi Bender, a partner at Wendy Schwartz Design wrote me the other day to say she is so excited to have some new furnishings from their Cuff Home line featured on sale on One Kings Lane today!  Make sure to check out their sale...it starts at 6pm! So excited to see what goodies they are offering!

P.P.S.  Had a great weekend.  Best of friend AM and her hubby JE are here.  I am so happy to have my friends in town and staying with me. Have been running hither and thither with them.  The highlight of the weekend was brunch at the Soho House with AM, JE, their kids, good friend and  interior designer Alison Blumenfeld and my best of guy friend Jim Deutch, Alison's mom Barbara and Jim and Alison's adorable son.  I ran into chic Harbinger showroom owner Joe Lucas there too.  And of all things fashion designer Rachel Zoe stopped by our table to say hi to Jim who is a successful television producer!  Gotta love Los Angeles!

P.P.P.S.  Yesterday spent a bit of time with my dear mom.  I've been putting her to work on the weekends helping me with the COCOCOZY business back office organization.  I call her "the worker".  My mother is a college professor and Ph.D. but on the weekends she is the COCOCOZY COO (Chief Organizing Officer)...my mom is so sweet! Thanks mom!  xo


Photos: Interior Magasinet

0 comments:

Post a Comment