BREAKFAST NOOK LOOK - BUILT-IN BANQUETTE SEATING!

breakfast nook with sunny banquette built in windows, wood floors, white cabinets with turquoise pillows and cushions on the bench
Built in bench seating under a window in a bright sunny breakfast nook. (above)

After seeing the darling eat in kitchen that I showed you in yesterday's post, I've had breakfast nooks on my mind. Now...most normal people have regular life things on their minds...family, friends, love, work, religion, politics, helping others...I've thought about those normal things certainly...but for an entire day or so I have truly been thinking a lot about breakfast nooks. I know...weird...I know...weird. Welcome to my world.

Anyhooo....in yesterday's post, the home owner chose a round table and adorable cafe chairs to make a stunning breakfast nook space off of her kitchen. After I saw that nook, I wanted to scoop it right up and take it home...there is a problem...I do live in a tiny tiny tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills so I have no space for a proper eat in kitchen dining area...but that nook got me thinking...could I do the same type of nook with built-in bench seating?

Well, if you are doing your kitchen or trying to figure out how to squeeze a table and chairs into a small cove or nook...here are some ideas on banquette seating!

amie weitzman's gray breakfast nook with built in bench banquette style seating and two gray chairs
Sleek gray and white banquette seating in a small eat-in area. (above)

rehkamp larson architects' breakfast nook with booth banquette style bench seating, a wooden table with white legs, pendant light and built in wood slat ceiling
Built in bench with drawers...function and more function...seating and storage! (above)

elle decor's allegra hicks' breakfast nook with banquette seating with patterned cushions, a wodden table and diamond windows with a view of a backyard
A U shaped banquette provides for lots of stylish seating in this comfy nook. (above)

kendall wilkinson' breakfast nook with a large wooden table surrounded by white chairs and benches with blue leather coverings
Blue vinyl cushions for this L shaped banquette. (above)
Which of these breakfast nooks do you like best?  I like the first one and I also like the sleek gray!  Do weigh in - comment below...pick your favorite!

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Remember to follow me on COCOCOZY Twitter!


Photos: House & Home; Amie Weitzman; Rehkamp Larson Architects; Elle Decor; Kendall Wilkinson

0 comments:

Post a Comment