MUD ROOM STYLE!

row of peter se carlsson riding boots in a mudroom foyer with checkered floors

So...I'm a boot girl through and through.  The minute it turns to fall, I pull out all of my boots.  I have leather boots, rubber boots, Christian Louboutin patent boots, Wellies, L.L. Bean boots, high boots, low boots, knee high boots, suede boots, casual boots, dressy boots, motorcycle boots, real riding boots and more.  You name the boot and I've got it or I've thought about getting it.

I have lots of boots but they all are crammed into my tiny closet in my tiny tiny house in the Hollywood Hills.

What I am missing is a proper mudroom.  I want a country house just so I can have a mudroom (by the way...not clear if it is two words or one).   A place to hang coats, bags, purses and most importantly a place to take off boots and shoes before heading inside.  Judging by these photos, it seems that a key design element in mud room style is a good pair or two of well worn boots.

row of boots in a mudrom below kenyan riding helmets hanging on wood plank walls with an animal skin rug

boots in a mudroom foyer with reclaimed wood walls

boots on a store floor in a mudroom with white paneled ceiling

wellies in a rustic mudroom with lanterns


Since we are talking about boots...here are a few stylish options for your mudroom...my favorite of course are the Gucci!

LL Bean Shearling Lined Side Zip Boots
LL Bean - Shearling Lined Side Zip Boots - $239 (Pebble leather and rubber bottom boots )(above)

Hunter Regent Boot
Hunter - Regent Boot - $150 (Rubber glossy black boots)(above)

Gucci Victorian Flat Equestrian Riding Boots
Gucci - Victoria Flat Equestrian Riding Boots - $1495 (Flat black leather tall riding boot)(above)
Happy November! Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  My thoughts are still with everyone on the east coast who is dealing with the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.  Good friend A.Ro. texted me last night...she lives in NYC and has been out of her apartment for days.  Tonight she said she and her dog have nowhere to go.  She said..."We are all exhausted and lost".   I almost cried when I read her text.  So early this morning I connected her with best of friend AM...AM had to move her family uptown to her brother's apartment since she too is out of her downtown Soho place.  AM though kindly offered to have A.Ro. come stay with her.  Learned this morning that A.Ro. may have found a place to stay for the next day or two...so all is fine.  But I feel terrible for them and really terrible for those who have suffered major losses.  I also spoke to best of friend NS who lives in New Jersey...she has spotty cell service, no electricity and few downed trees in her neighborhood...but luckily she, her hubby and kids are safe.  What a week!

Photos: Per se Carlsson; Helen Pe; Country Living; Miles Redd; Simon Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment