MODERN TRADITIONAL HAMPTONS BEDROOM

Modern-traditional bedroom in the Hamptons with grape vine wallpaper, chevron pattern rug and dotted pillows

Pattern on pattern in this very lovely girly but sophisticated bedroom in the Hamptons designed by Kemble Interiors.  I don't know how to describe this style but I like it.  I think I will call it "Modern Traditional" - an oxymoron in name but when put into play the two styles definitely work!  Very traditional furniture - Queen Anne canopy bed, scalloped bench, the demi lune sofas, Gustavian side chairs and chintz upholstered slipper chair - juxtaposed with modern textiles and prints - with gray vine wallpaper, the wild chevron pattern rug and the dotted fabric pillows.  Yin and yang. Traditional yet modern.

My guy TE is very modern on his take on home furnishings...I have more of an eclectic style that incorporates modern pieces with time tested classics.  Wonder what TE would think of this girly master bedroom.  Hmmm... Is this a girl's girl room or could guys love it too?  Thinking on that.

Oh...did I mention the turquoise blue painted dome ceiling in the sitting area.  Love.

Hamptons bedroom with Queen Anne canopy bed and grape vine wallpaper

Hamptons bedroom with a canopy bed, marble fireplace and grape vine wallpaper

Close up of a wood cabinet in a Hamptons bedroom with grape vine wallpaper and a gold peacock

My favorite elements in this space are the wallpaper, the ceiling and the canopy bed.  What do you think?  Like all of the pattern play here?  Do comment below.

Happy Thursday!


xo
Coco

P.S. Press Alert! - Our Coco's Flower rug is featured in this month's HGTV magazine.  Good friend JH from the NYC area emailed me to say she saw it in a magazine!  I had no idea!  Was a thrill to see my rug design in print!  Wooohooo!!!!

COCOCOZY Coco's Flower rug in HGTV magazine
COCOCOZY's very own Coco's Flower hand knotted Indo Tibetan wool rug featured in the Jan/Feb issue of HGTV Magazine! (above)


Photos: Kemble Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment