SEE THIS HOUSE: A $50 MILLION DOLLAR NEW YORK CITY PIED A TERRE DESIGNED BY MICHAEL SMITH!

Breakfast nook with an amazing view of Central Park in NYC with a sectional sofa and armchair instead of traditional seats
A breakfast nook with a multi million dollar view of Central Park in NYC! (above)

All I can say is ooooohhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh whoooaaaaa wow wow wow...

Puzzling...right? Me speechless? Yes. I am speechless over this city home.

Uh is it a problem that I love a $50 million dollar New York City apartment that is just over 4500 square feet with 2 bedrooms, 4 full baths, with spectacular city views?

The apartment was designed by none other than the very talented and respected interior designer Michael Smith. It is located in the Ritz Carlton hotel and boasts GORGEOUS Central Park views. It is listed for sale by Sothebys.

Here's how the Sotheby's website describes the property:
"Magical views of Central Park and the city skyline from this light-flooded, full-floor aerie. Interior design by Michael Smith with architecture by Oscar Shamamian. A large Living Room with exposures to both north and south boasts walls of stucco veneziano and a parquet de Versailles-patterned floor of German silver, hand-hammered over wood. A Dining Room with 18th century-style boisseries by Feau & Cie opens to a corner Breakfast Room. A Library inspired by Coco Chanel’s famous Paris apartment is fitted with 18th century Chinese lacquer panels. A sumptuous corner Master Bedroom suite includes a paneled Library, and a Guest Suite enjoys 3 exposures. With 92 feet on the park and 10 foot ceilings, one of only12 residences atop the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Private lobby, superb security, on-site fitness center/spa and the availability of a full array of impeccable hotel services. A rare marriage of the ultimate in elegance and sophistication with the most spectacular views in all New York"
This home has everything a girl would want...great location, fabulously designed, and just the right amount of panache to make a chic social statement...you know...all those important things in life...(uh I hope you know I'm kidding regarding the aforementioned being the important things in life. The truly important things in life are family, friends, giving back to the community, helping others...you know all those really truly important things in life...and this $50 million dollar lily pad would be just the perfect place to hop into in order to focus on the super really important things in life...I'm just saying...it would).

Great. I'll take it. Issue is I need the $50 million. Oy va voy. What's a girl to do?

Take a look...

living room with sofa, armchair, coffee table, two wooden chair and two ottoman style bench chairs

Alternative view of the living room showing it's many windows looking over Central Park, fireplace, and dueling sofas

sleek kitchen outfitted with many modern conveniences: stainless appliances, glossy white cabinets and an island
Super sophisticate sleek kitchen outfitted with many modern conveniences! (above and below)

alternative view of the kitchen that shows the window with a view of Central Park

Dining room with large area rug, wood table, white louis xiv chairs, white molded walls and modern art
Notice the bench seating in the form of a French settee in the formal dining room. (above)

Home office with molded walls, large area rug, upholstered sofa, ottoman and chandelier

Guest bedroom with area rug, bed with upholstered headboard, white molded walls, an armchair and a red and gold chest of drawers

Bathroom with gold tiles and a step in tub
Bathroom with gold metallic tiles! (above)

master bathroom with step in tub, window with a view of Central Park, black counter tops and striped marble walls
I think this is Ann Sacks Asher Gray marble on the walls and tub surround - love the linear almost striped marble in this adorable gray and  white bath. (above)

master bedroom with four poster bed, large windows with floor length curtains, gray walls with white trimming and a large area rug

Can I say, without sounding like I'm totally schmoozing, that Michael Smith is pretty awesome? Well I'm saying it. Michael Smith is pretty awesome. I went through the pictures of this apartment without knowing he had designed it and I thought to myself...this is really quite beautifully decorated...then I read the Sotheby's listing and I was like, "Of course...who would be called on to design a $50 million dollar apartment other than the man who decorated the White House...Michael Smith!" Whoa. So cool. How can I get an invite to the apartment before it is sold? Now I will move into schmooze mode...someone, please ask Micheal to get me into this home? Please. I must see my future abode before someone snaps it up! Or, alternatively, if a single guy buys the apartment, please someone introduce me to him. :-)

Anyhooo...what do you think of this multi million dollar listing? Would you take it or leave it? Let's say money was not an object, might this be your choice for a dream home pied a terre?

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S. After doing a little researching (snooping) around on the internet...I found out that this New York apartment for sale apparently belongs to Howard and Nancy Marks. Nancy is on the board of the Museum of Contemporary Arts here in Los Angeles and Howard is a highly esteemed finance man who founded Oak Tree Capital - an extremely successful Los Angeles based investment company. I went to a Museum of Contemporary Art luncheon at the Marks home in Malibu a few years ago. The Marks' Malibu home was also decorated by Michael Smith...and it too was quite spectacular...a literal palace right on the water in Malibu! I didn't know anything about Howard or Nancy or their home when I went to the event (my sister asked me to go to a brunch in Malibu...so I thought casual beach brunch in Malibu and I wore jeans...when I arrived at the home and the gates opened and we drove down the longest drive ever and I saw the most expansive home I've ever seen in front of me...I knew jeans were the wrong choice definitely...everyone else was dressed...including my sister!). Howard and Nancy Marks were so warm and nice that they even gave us a tour of their Malibu mansion that day.  At the end of the tour, Howard and I were chatting and he was pointing out some oak trees on the property and I thought how nice...this man really likes oak trees...hmmm... Later after we left the luncheon, I found out that Howard was the head of a multibillion dollar company - Oak Tree Capital. Okay.  Well long way to say that the Marks' seem to have at least two nice homes that have been decorated by Michael. (If my internet research is wrong and the Marks' don't own this city apartment...blame the misinformation on Google not me of course)

P.P.S.  Now back to reality where I work 2.5 jobs and live in a tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills in a place so far far away from $50 million dollar homes.  Well later this week I am heading off to show the COCOCOZY home furnishings collection to buyers at the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Mart.  Please please please if you are going to the show...please stop by and say hi at the Christian Mosso Associates showroom in America's Mart Building 1 on the 9th Floor...if you've never seen the collection in person, please come by to take a look...we show almost everything in Atlanta.  Would love to say hi.

P.P.P.S. Sorry for the long long P.S.s today...will self edit tomorrow - maybe.  Happy beginning of the week!


P.P.P.P.S.  Check out my latest pins from the weekend on COCOCOZY Pinterest including some fab rugs from Genevieve Gorder's collection for Capel Rugs and some gorgeous rooms.  If you are not already, make sure to follow me on Pinterest too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment