HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

All photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY
cut and peeled Granny Smith apples coated in cinnamon and sugar for a pie filling
Cut and peeled Granny Smith apples coated in cinnamon and sugar - pie filling in the works on Thanksgiving Day! (above)

It is Thanksgiving morning and I am running behind.  I was supposed to be in my car going to my mother's house for a big family dinner...but I am still baking my pies!  I am making 1 lumpy rustic apple pie and 1 sweet potato pie (a tradition from Grandmother). I'm running a few hours behind. At least I'll be there I hope before all of the extended family arrives. We're having our Thanksgiving with about 9-10 family members.

As I just finished one pie, I am taking a moment to reflect on how thankful I am for everyone in my life.

I am so thankful for my sweet family (mom, sis DS, aunts, uncles and cousins). Am also thankful for my dear dear friends (AM, FF, JH, NS, AT, JD, AG, ALG, A.Ro., JE, JLF, RRM, BN, SN to mention just a few of the many many good friends I am so lucky to have) and more (TE).  Then there is the gratitude I feel towards those who have become my extended COCOCOZY family (CM, KS, JF, HJ, HH, PR, JW, LH and more) - the people who have been so amazing in helping me with COCOCOZY this year at any given point.

And then of course there is you...you readers who check in on a regular basis...I am so so very thankful for you my dear COCOCOZY readers...you inspire me, you motivate me, and I am so thankful that you take the time to learn about design and decor with me on a day to day basis.

Anyhooo...here is how my lumpy rustic apple pie unfolded this morning!  Smells so delicious.  I love the warm sweet smells that permeate the house when I bake pies.  So wonderful.

4 photos arranged in a collage. The first is of two Granny Smith apples. The second is of three Granny Smith apples on a kitchen counter with a fourth being pierced by an apple peeler. The third photo is of sliced apples in a pie crust. The final photo is of a sealed pie

finished apple pie
My rustic looking apple pie! (above)

Hope you have a wonderful day however you are spending it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

xo
Coco

0 comments:

Post a Comment