HOLIDAY MANTEL MAGIC - TWO VERY DIFFERENT FIREPLACE LOOKS!

close up of black, white and silver line klein holiday display on a fireplace mantel with silver miniature christmas trees and candles

I don't have a mantel. I have kind of a fireplace stove thing in my living room in my tiny little cottage in the Hollywood Hills.

Since I don't have a mantel, I really want one...a problem of mine...wanting things I don't have!

Anyhooo...when I saw these images of these two mantels below...made me wonder what direction I would take with decorating a mantel if I had one. Would I go modern like the clean white and black look of the this first mantel below...or would I go more traditional with greenery and more of classic holiday look like the dining room photo at the bottom?

Hmmm...thinking....

black, white and silver line klein holiday display with a fireplace, on the mantel there are silver miniature christmas trees and candles

michael graydon's rustic dining room with wicker host chair and green holiday garland over a large white fireplace

Which of these two mantels do you prefer? I think I'm leaning towards the more modern...love the little metal Christmas trees and the bit of silver sparkle...but I do like the warmth of the traditional mantel too.

Please weigh in!

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Great dinner last night at Soho House with CM and JW.  A fantastic time!  Good to catch up in the middle of this hectic holiday season.

P.P.S.  Happy 12/12/12!

Photos: Line Klein; Michael Graydon

0 comments:

Post a Comment