DOORMAT PICKS FOR MY BLACK FRONT DOOR!

black front door glossy boxwood topiaries plants potted charcoal gray ceramic planters Bienvenue doormat
Option #1 - Bienvenue coir doormat (above)
This is my front door at my little tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills.  It is a black shiny front door with frosted glass widow panes.

My front door decor is simple, the black door, white trim, brushed silver knob and lock, a square silver outdoor sconce for lighting and finally the door is flanked by potted boxwood topiaries. My front door was yellow at one point and then it was brown.  Now this is it.  A glossy shiny black front door.

This past weekend I was thinking a lot about door design for a guest post I am doing for another website.   I wanted share a photo of my front door but realized I needed a new doormat.  So off I went on Memorial Day...in search of the perfect doormat.

I, of course, can never make a descision so I bought three different doormats.

Option #1 (above) - A coir front doormat with black frame and Bienvenue written on it
Option #2 (below) - A coir doormat with black and white ticking stripes
Option #3 (below) - A simple wire lattice mat

Now I need your help! Vote on which doormat you think works for my front door decor?

Take a look...

black front door frosted glass stripe striped doormat mat boxwood topiary plants decor design
Option #2 - Ticking stripe coir doormat - $54 (above) 

black front door cococozy boxwood topiary topiaries plants modern pots planters wire doormat
Option #3 - Wire doormat - $48 (above) 
My mom, sis DS and TE all weighed in...they all picked Option #3 (the wire doormat).  I can't decided whether Option #1 with Bienvenue ("welcome" in French) is cheesy because of the words...I have never had a doormat with writing on it.  I like Option #2 a lot too.  Each day this week, I have put a different doormat out to figure out which I like best.  Help!

There is also the option of no doormat...but then I worry about my new wood floors...

Please weigh in by commenting below.  Which doormat would you choose?  What might you add to my front door decor?

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Thank you for all of the nice comments and emails about the COCOCOZY feature on the Architectural Digest website.  You are all too sweet!

Photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY

0 comments:

Post a Comment